Sending email - why do I get a Notepad display?

For support requests (and discussion) by users of the Holiday Letting System.
To prevent SPAM, registrations are approved only for users. (Send us an email before registering if you have a good reason and are not a user). Remember, you can view the forum without registering.

Moderator:bblake

hdougall
Enter final number (5) (Spam prevention):5
Sending email - why do I get a Notepad display?

Post by hdougall » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:16 am

Every time I use a preformatted email template as well as opening up the appropriate text in the email program LetSys also opens up Notepad with the same letter displayed. This started a few months ago after a previous upgrade and still persists despite the recent update. I close this every time and I am not sure (a) why it is happening and (b) if I can stop it. That said, I could not recommend this software more highly!!!! Thanks again Brendan.

bblake
Site Admin

Re: Notepad display

Post by bblake » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi Hamish,
If I've understood what's happening, that's the way it actually works (and always has).

Because the processed proforma is passed to the email client, and you could then edit it before it is sent, LetSys can't keep track of what you actually sent. So the text that was passed to the email client is saved and can be retrieved using the "Create or View letters" command. In this saved text, the first two lines say (date and time is just an example):
** Sent by eMail. 24/04/2010 12:05:22 **
** Note - text below was passed to mail client. It could have changed. **

You then see the rest of the text passed across.

You now have the date and time of the note to help you find what was actually sent. If you never edit the emails, it is a sufficient record.

I hope that answers the query. Brendan.

Morg4n
Enter final number (5) (Spam prevention):5

Re: Sending email - why do I get a Notepad display?

Post by Morg4n » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:16 am

hdougall wrote:Every time I use a preformatted email template as well as opening up the appropriate text in the email program LetSys also opens up Notepad with the same letter displayed. This started a few months ago after a previous upgrade and still persists despite the recent update. I close this every time and I am not sure (a) why it is happening and (b) if I can stop it. That said, I could not recommend this software more highly!!!! Thanks again Brendan.

I am not sure about this, but I guess it's either the setting or the software you installed has error. Check it at once so that your problem about the display of the notepad will vanish. Visit some sites also and see if there are cases like this.