Does LetSys support Windows 8? Answer: YES.

For support requests (and discussion) by users of the Holiday Letting System.
To prevent SPAM, registrations are approved only for users. (Send us an email before registering if you have a good reason and are not a user). Remember, you can view the forum without registering.

Moderator:bblake

bblake
Site Admin
Does LetSys support Windows 8? Answer: YES.

Post by bblake » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:33 pm

I'm now getting asked if the Holiday Letting System runs under Windows 8. The answer is YES.

We have tested the system fairly extensively on Windows 8, using first the release preview and now the first release.

As has been generally found, if an application works under Windows 7 then it will normally run fine without change under Windows 8, and that has proved to be the case with LetSys.

You will have to get used to the new way of starting applications from the new Start Screen, or using RUN, although you will eventually get used to it! My own guess is that Microsoft will have to bring back the start menu for business users. The learning curve is quite high and therefore there will be a serious productivity hit for a while which business users won't be willing to take.

Brendan Blake.

bblake
Site Admin

Re: Does LetSys support Windows 8? Answer: YES.

Post by bblake » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:34 am

Well, I was partly right. Microsoft has brought back a start menu for desktop users, and most things you might need to do are there, although the full start menu has not yet been restored. There are also numerous tools, some free, some moderately priced, to restore the old start menu and shell.

Brendan.