Short breaks calculation problem

For support requests (and discussion) by users of the Holiday Letting System.
To prevent SPAM, registrations are approved only for users. (Send us an email before registering if you have a good reason and are not a user). Remember, you can view the forum without registering.

Moderator:bblake

wetheral
Enter final number (5) (Spam prevention):5
Short breaks calculation problem

Post by wetheral » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi Brendan

When I downloaded the program I chose the beta test version Ver=V4.0 4/4/14. If I try to calculate short break prices it seems wrong.
when I enter the fixed price of 60% for the weekend with a value of 0% in the cost/night and 3 days minimum it works it out all OK eg for a weekly price of 550 the sb price is 330 if I add an extra night the price is still 330 this needs to add an extra amount so If I then want to charge an extra 10% for an extra night I put 60% fixed and 10% in the cost/night and select a 3 night break it works out a 3 night sb as 495 and for an extra night the price is still 495 this remains the same for 4,5 & 6 nights then I select 7 nights it works out the correct weekly rate. Can you tell me how to make the SB of 3 nights a fixed percentage of the weekly rate then add an extra 10% for each extra night.

bblake
Site Admin

Re: Short breaks calculation problem

Post by bblake » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi Don,
Try this:

Make the fixed charge 30%
Make the nightly charge 10%
Make the minimum number of nights 3.

Repeat this line so it applies to both weekday and weekend nights.

You then get 60% of the rent for the first 3 (or less) nights and an extra 10% per night which I think is what you want.

Don't forget the rent is rounded to the nearest whole number.

Best wishes...... Brendan.

bblake
Site Admin

Re: Short breaks calculation problem

Post by bblake » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:11 am

I understand this is working OK.

Users wanting to understand more about how the short let rent calculation works can look for topic "Rent (for short lets)"
Open up LetSys, and click Help and then Topic Search
Type in "short lets" and then select topic Rent (for short lets) (or type all of that in the first place).

This topic gives a detailed explanation of the formula used and how the rent is calculated.

I had so many different ways requested by users to calculate the rent for short lets that we ended up with quite a complicated system, but it can usually get to the desired result!

Brendan Blake.